Going back to school

Bear

Well, as most of you know I got laid off a few weeks back, and now I have decided to go back to school. I start classes next week for some of the basic core and in the Fall I will start the Culinary arts program. I am very excited about going back to school, and the whole family has been very supportive. I am still looking for work of course and praying that the unemployment benefits will be approved soon. I really feel like this is the best course of action for me.

uhoh

Going back to school is the smart thing to do right now, especially if you get enough unemployment to get by. You'll better yourself and probably get a tax break, depending on how you finance. Congratulations on this next stage of your life.

Sinbian

I wish you all the best with your plans. I do think it is smart to have some education, not only in theory but certified on paper as well.

Ifamily

I wish you all the best. I love the way you are utilizing your spare time for doing something you would most possibly need in the future. Education is the best investment.

Victor

Good for you! I hope you really enjoy culinary school and find a great job so you won't have to worry about being on unemployment afterwards.

Bear

I got to register and meet the head Chef today, and I am more excited than ever. He swapped my schedule around some so that I will be able to start cooking in the Fall classes. (You have to take two classes for Serv-safe first.) Classes start on June 4th and as long as I can come up with the money for books everything else is covered for now. :)

Ifamily

Anyway, I wish I could go back to school as well. I am still working a regular job so it's practically impossible. I was thinking about taking an online course or something.

Michael

Good luck with your schooling. My wife is right in the middle of her schooling. She was downsized in her old job when the company was sold. She's training in an entirely different area. I'll be happier when she finishes school than she will. She's in a book all the time.