Good Christmas movie dads

LeonR

My older girls will be home from college for a few weeks, and we're hoping to have a Christmas movie marathon, complete with popcorn, like we used to do when they were little. I want to get one good movie where the dad is really memorable. What were Christmas movies others liked where the dad was really a character?

polamalu43

Good question! My favorite Christmas movie is The Griswold one- Clark is a real character. Not a great one but funny anyway. I hope you have a great time with your daughters.

Lorenzo

The kids and I always enjoy Nicolas Cage's "The Family Man." It's about a guy who was given a chance to experience a life he would have led, had his chosen to settle down with his long-time girlfriend. It's a truly feel-good movie, one that you can watch over and over again.

Timothy

We just watched National Lampoon's Christmas vacation last night - polamalu43, I think that's the one you're talking about. The dad in that movie is DEFINITELY a memorable character!

LeonR

I'd forgotten all about the National Lampoon movie. My girls and I used to love this one. That is definitely one we'll be watching and reliving past memories at the same time. I watched one with Tim Allen this weekend, but I had to do it by myself.