Grilling in Wintertime

Timothy

Does anyone else here still grill in wintertime? We grill pretty much year round, since it doesn't really get that cold here during the day. The only bad thing about grilling in the wintertime here is that it gets dark so early. We actually had to buy grill lights!

polamalu43

Yep we grill year round too. I just take the grill into the garage and fire it up. I don't want to be out in the snow and wind when I'm cooking. My family loves grilled food though.

Don

Some years I will get it out in the winter and some years I just leave it alone. I did steaks for New Year's eve one night and everyone really enjoyed that.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I grill year around. It gets into the 30's or so here at the coldest. And that is fairly rare. But I would still grill and bbq.

Endalia

Yeah, I do. One winter we had an ice storm and I used my grill to cook on for three meals a day for 10 days. I found out how to cook a lot of things then. I can bake on a grill with the best of them now.

Timothy

Endalia - We had a similar ice storm a few years back, but if I remember correctly, the power outage only lasted for 6 days. We were cooking on a gas grill back then and luckily, we had just filled the tank up before the storm hit!

BigPapa

We do occasionally still grill in the wintertime. If it gets too cold or snowy, I just roll the grill into the garage to block the wind. It is still a little cold since the garage door is open but you don't get blown away or wet.

We had that ice storm too and it was about a week! Luckily we went and stayed with family.

Salazar

I grill in the winter, but not nearly as often as I do in the summer. I might do it once a month when it's cold as opposed to three times a week when it's nice out.

Bearsfan

Wow, I feel like a wimp. Once the weather starts to get nasty, the cover goes on the grill and I hang up my spatula. When Spring rolls around, and we get those hit and miss nice days, I will do some grilling. But, in the snow? Not for me.

Sinbian

It depends on how hungry we are and we are pretty much hungry all the time. :D So, there's your answers. But in all seriousness, doing it in the winter may even have its special feel.

Bear

We grill year round at our house too. As a matter of fact, I will be throwing some burgers on the grill here shortly for our dinner tonight.