Grocery shopping

Fatherof2

Who does the grocery shopping in your house? Does just one of you go or do you go as a family? We usually do the shopping as a family because my wife and I were so used to that before we had kids.

AlexT

We go out together as a family for grocery shopping on the weekends. It's a fun time for the kids and that's the only opportunity that we can spend more quality time with them.

Salazar

It just depends on the week and what we have going on. Some weeks I go, some weeks she goes, and some weeks we go together. I think this week we're all going together. The one thing that never changes is that the shopping always gets done on Friday.

Johnson

We usually go together. If we need something mid-week one of us might run out, but for our weekly trips we all go together. The kids are small enough that they think it's fun.

ChristopherT

I do all the shopping. My personal best with coupons is buying $250 and paying $125. Not very manly but the extra money helps. (Now that I have the BEST vehicle to pay for.)

CHenne

We both go from time to time, but it is usually her who shops most of the time. She is way better at saving money and using coupons. I usually do something fun with the kids when she shops.

Peyton

She does the big weekly trip and I am in charge of stopping for little things during the week. I don't mind doing that, but sometimes I have to wonder why she can't get it all when she goes.

bighelp

We will take turns but even when we do swap weeks someone is always complaining that something was forgotten on the list. Now we use an iphone/web app that lets us make the list in full before we head out and its synced to our phones (both iphone and android).

jason

Administrator
Staff member
It really depends on how things are going and when we are able to head out to go grocery shopping. Sometimes it is the wife, sometimes I'll pick stuff up, and sometimes it is the whole family going.

saintsfan

Our local grocery store offers a shop from home option that we love. We can shop online whenever we want and save our shopping cart to finish whenever we have time. You can sort items by price, brand or unit weight and when you are done you reserve a time slot to go pick up your order. It's great with kids or on busy holiday weeks because you pull into the designated parking area, they come out and load up your car and you leave. Takes about 5 minutes total. It costs $12 an order, but we save so much more by not impulse buying, and not being aggravated that it's worth it. Plus every 5th order the fee is waived.

wilson

Taking turns is how it works in this house too but neither of us like it. It is even worse when we try to shop together, that just takes twice as long.