Grocery shopping

Independent

I ended up having to do my grocery shopping with the kids today. I had no idea they did not have school! The baby starts to cry and my son was pretty hyper. Single dad with three kids, one of them being a crying baby, wow you would not imagine the looks people were giving me.

CHenne

I bet they were giving you looks of sympathy! That is what I always get when my kids start to act up in a store and they are with me. Oh poor dad! I hope you got what you needed.

DriverDan

I've been there and hope to never have to do that again, but thankfully I only had 2 kids and the youngest was a toddler. I thought, my wife does this all the time, it can't be too bad.... I gave up before I even picked everything up that I needed.

Sampson

I can empathize with you guys. After trying to just pick up a few things with the kids, almost losing my mind, and getting no sympathy from my wife, I volunteered to watch the kids on a weekend morning so my wife could go to the store without the kids. She tells me it takes so much less time and I get to spend time just playing with the kids.

Zimmer

You shouldn't really care what kind of looks people give you and most likely if they give you a look I'm pretty sure they never tried raising three kids alone, I had help from my wife when the kids were young and even than it wasn't easy.

Dave07

Grocery shopping with a child is certainly a challenge and I only have one right now! She is 21 months old and likes to pull everything up out of the cart and either put it in her mouth or throw it out! I don't know if I would even attempt it with three!

stayathomepaul

My wife and I take turns grocery shopping. We make out lists together and one stays with the kids while the other one is out shopping. We learned early on that shopping with kids can be insane!

Last edited:

WillyWonka

LOL. Kids are all beasts when they get to the stores. I remember going with my sister with her kids and thinking I wish the earth would just swallow me because they were acting so bad. My daughter is now the same and I still wish sometimes the earth would just swallow me when she's having a three year old meltdown in the middle of the supermarket.

Independent

I have learned that I really need to make sure that I get to the store while they are at school. I am not going to let things get in my way. Shopping and kids really is a difficult job. Now I know. That should be in the handbook that we get when our kids are born!

richard42

Been there. Done that. You have my sympathies. But as your kids get older, things like these problems will get better. Really, they will.