Having deeper voice

Pascallist

I just read that according to some research, a man with deeper voice usually has a better career and more interesting social life. It doesn't seem to be fair but it is a fact.

Last edited:

Salazar

Hmmm, I wonder if it has anything to do with them sounding more authoritative? I'll have to drop mine down a few notches and see if anything improves:D

KevinD

I just read that according to some research, a men with deeper voice usually has a better career and more interesting social life. It doesn't seem to be fair but it is a fact.
Oh come on, that's not true. Ever heard of Mike Tyson? :p He made millions. Of course he then spent it all away. I don't believe a voice has anything to do with career, unless they are just naturally more confident. Being able to talk to people is important in advancing in business.

William

I agree with KevinD. You can be successful in radio industry or being a commentator if you have a deep voice but it doesn't mean that this is applicable in all jobs. Look at Justin Bieber (I'm not a fan) with his teenage voice.

Trev

Deep voice can really make a boy into a manly person but it doesn't always get you a better career. Having a good career takes a lot more than just a good voice, you need to know how you make use of that voice to get your goal.

FatherYoung

It may be true to some extent that a deeper voice makes a person sound more authoritative, but I doubt it can actually influence one's carrier. What are they going to do when you go to a job interview? Reject you because your voice is not deep? That would be discriminatory and the employer would have to come up with other reasons in order not to get sued.

Mario

Deep voice can make you successful in attracting girls but not always attracting a career that you want to have. I like having a deeper voice because it sounds sexy for a man but I was blessed with a high pitched voice.

wilson

I could see the note that Salazar is trying to make and it rings true a few times over. How many times do you hear people with a "kids voice" only to never take them serious over any topic they are talking about?

TJoel

Oh come on, that's not true. Ever heard of Mike Tyson? :p He made millions. Of course he then spent it all away.
But he has a lethal punch using which he made millions. :)

Anyway, it reminds me of Ted Williams, a homeless who now is popular, has great jobs and a lot of money because of his golden voice.

RubberSoul

I have a deep voice and I do have a good career as a consultant but I can't really say very much for my social life. I am married though so that must count for something. :)