"He told me to do it"

Independent

Kids... are... CRAZY! Today my daughter throws her mattress down the stares and it lands on her brother. I ask her why she did it and she says, "He told me to do it!" I have no idea what really happened, and my son is not hurt. She still is grounded though. Who throws a mattress down the stairs?

SteppinIn

I think kids do things because they don't know what would happen, and they figure there's a quick way to find out - do it! I distinctly remember stapling papers once as a grade-schooler and wondering what stapling my thumb would feel like. Guess who went crying to mom two minutes later?

the saint

Maybe she was provoked by her brother, and to prove something, she did it. Maybe you should dig deeper into the issue and teach her how to control her emotions.

stewy

It sounds to me like collaboration! They probably devised this game between them, especially since her brother doesn't seem to be denying it. Siblings do this all the time then are happy to let their brother or sister take the blame!

Jack

I got this same story from my daughter when I discovered she had given the dog a haircut. They had been watching a TV show about dog grooming and then decided to use my electric razor on the dog!