Hi, dad alone!

Independent

Hi there. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed but I know I have to be strong for my kids. My, now x-wife, has a substance abuse problem and the courts have given full custody to me. Even though I have only just got full custody the kids and I have not seen her for over 6 months. This single dad stuff is confusing buy I will NEVER give up on my kids. I am hopping this forum can provide me with support in making my children's lives better.

stayathomepaul

Hey there. I am not a single dad but I am a stay at home dad. Welcome to the world of unconventional. I think one of the things I seek most is advice from other men who are leading examples of how the world is changing.

Johnny

I'm so sorry to hear you're going through this. It must be extremely hard for you! I have seen so many people go through similar things and although it's hard, it will get better and keep your head high.

Independent

Thank you so much for your support. It is really difficult, more difficult that I have ever imagined. But I know I am doing the right thing. Having others to talk to is really making a difference.