Home made Febreeze

fireman

Grab an empty spray bottle- any size will do
Fill it with 1 part Downy(or a similiar liquid fabric softener), and 3 parts water
Shake gently, and spray away!

Seems to work just as good as the real thing and is cheaper.

LeonR

That is using your brain. Does Downy go on sale more often and for a bigger discount than the Febreeze does? Any time you can save money, it's a good thing. Pennies add up.

Andersson

Yes pennies do add up but I am wondering if certain fabrics should be avoided with this, while Downy is a fabric softener are there things that you should not use it on? And would it only be a 1-3 rule and not more? That still seems a little thick.

CHenne

I leave the cleaning products to my wife. I do agree with Andersson though, Downy is thick and it seems like that mixture might be too thick. The only good thing is that Downy has a lot of different scents so you could have different smells!

Timothy

Grab an empty spray bottle- any size will do
Fill it with 1 part Downy(or a similiar liquid fabric softener), and 3 parts water
Shake gently, and spray away!

Seems to work just as good as the real thing and is cheaper.
This would definitely be cheaper than using Febreze if you bought store brand liquid fabric softener! Thanks for the idea, fireman. I'll be sure to pass this along to my wife. She's always looking for ways to make products for less than their store-bought counterparts!

Bear

My wife actually makes all of our cleaning products and Febreeze is one that she makes. With that ratio of water to fabric softener there aren't any fabrics that it will harm and if you shake the bottle before you use it won't be too thick.