How did you become a single parent?

TJoel

How did you become a single parent? Did you divorce, or have you never got married and you just adopted the kids? Sorry I am just curious, feel free not to reply if it's too personal for you.

flfsurveyor

My wife died of cancer 10 years ago leaving me with 4 kids. While I have a steady girlfriend, I decided not to marry again.

R. Paradon

I became a part time single father after our divorce. It took a long time for my ex to find a guy that was not a "bum" and since I had my kids every weekend I would see whoever she was with or if my kids told me they wanted to be with me, I would just take them. At times my ex complained but when I calmly told her I will take the kids until your life is back on track or I can go back to court and probably get full custody. (I always kept full and complete documentation (hard ass perhaps, but it was for my kids).

Victor Leigh

I am a single father but my children are already all adults able to take care of themselves, so I do not face any problems. Except when it comes to visiting my children during festivals. I have to check ahead to make sure their mother is not going at the same time. No point in spoiling the festive mood.

tommymac

Nobody ever sets out to be a single father. It's sort of like being in a club nobody ever wants to join. I think we're all here because of a failed relationship of some sort.

I'm a lucky one, though. I have full custody of my kiddo

BigDaddy

The first time my wife pissed me off. She was having an affair while I was deployed and they deserved each other. Thats not how Ibecame a single parent but thats what started it all.

FrankSinatra

My first was conceived in prison...my wife took a shiv from some animal in there and died so I ended up being a single father permanently instead of in 5-10.

ghanashyam

My wife died two years, one of my boys is adult and married and other one is still studying in college. I have no intention of inviting any partner for me to mess the things, going smoothly as on now.