How do you guys do it?

benben

My wife has been out of town for 3 days, and will be gone another 7. She is helping take care of a relative. That leaves me with work, the kids and house. All I can say is, how do you guys do it!? I am already at wits end and it has only been 3 days. You single dads get mad respect from me!

Independent

I remember what the first week of being a single dad was like and I will be honest, I asked myself that same question. I had to really examine my life and create a routine and get really organized.

James B

Thanks for the respect, benben. Seriously, it can be rough sometimes. But it helps to have a nanny help out one day a week and relatives to stop by and watch the kids while I unwind. If I didn't have help from other people, I don't know how I'd do it, either..

dirtyharry

It's like seeing a parent with triplets....we look at them and can't imagine what it must be like.....but they are just making the most of what they have to work with and doing what they gotta do. None of us are perfect, but you just gotta step up to the plate and get it done. Thanks for the thoughts.

Bear

Single dads and moms are awesome in my book. I start to lose it if my wife leaves me alone with the kids for three hours, so I am impressed with your three days too benben!