How Does The Baby Wake You Up When You're Deaf?

writer811

I have a big worry, and that worry is that something is going to happen to the kids when I'm asleep. I have severe hearing loss and I can't hear anything at night. What can I do to ensure that I wake up when my children need me? Baby monitors won't work.

Timothy

Would lights wake you up? What if you bought something that could "hear" the baby crying and in turn, trigger a light to come on, like a noise sensing light?

writer811

I don't know, Timothy. I've never heard of anything like that but I'm willing to give it a shot! Do you know of any products like that?

Timothy

Well, I know that Graco makes baby monitors like THESE that have sound activated light functions, but I'm not sure if they would wake you up.

writer811

Thank you, Timothy. I appreciate your help but after checking those out a little, I don't think they would wake me up. The sun doesn't usually wake me, nor does someone turning on my light, so I doubt these would.

Foster

I thought I'd seen something that might help you in this situation so I did a quick google search. What I found was a product that you put under your pillow and it vibrates to wake you. I would give you a link but I don't have enough posts. If you search google for connevans you should find them.

BigPapa

There are a lot of deaf parents out there, including my cousin and I am sure that there is a product whether with lights or vibrations that could be hooked up to alert you to your baby. Some research is all that is needed.

writer811

I've actually got one of those vibrating devices and it always wakes me up but it's not very reliable. If there's a power outage, it resets itself and won't go off anymore. Also, sometimes it just plain doesn't go off when it's supposed to. It's good for now, but I'd prefer something a little more reliable.