How many pets do you have?

Strongarm

I have 2 cats and a little mutt of a dog. :) They actually get along well. Both of the cats don't have their claws so they can't cause any damage to eachother or the furniture. Have you ever had any exotic pets? I thought about getting a snake before, but I figured I wouldn't put my wife through the torture.

Murray

A snake or iguana would be an exotic pet, but I don't think it is safe (especially for kids) to have such a pet. Snakes and iguanas can be domesticated, but they are wild by nature.

Salazar

I have two dogs and a cat. I did have an iguana for several years and he was pretty cool, but the bigger he got the more time consuming it was to care for him. I don't mind putting that effort into dogs and cats, but you really have to be a reptile person to go through that for an iguana.

Phillie

No exotic pets here either ~ I'm sure my son would love a snake but it's not happening. We have a cat and a dog. With a baby on the way we aren't looking for new pets.

benben

We have three pets but nothing exotic. We are pretty much at the max of what we can handle pet wise. I am trying to get the kids to help more with the pets. Wish me luck.

Daniel

Stone, I grew up having snakes. My mother had a royal python which is a relatively small snake. I would stay away from the larger pythons as they can be very dangerous to children, and they get too big for their tanks anyway!

Alistair

We have only one dog - a Labrador. He is very playful and rather intelligent. I don't really understand the fascination people have with exotic pets, such as snakes, lizards and insects. You can hardly play with them without hurting either them or yourself, and they are very difficult to take care of... so why would anyone want one?