Hurricane Isaac

Don

Is anyone in the path of hurricane Isaac? It looked like we were going to get some of the feeder bands from it, but now it looks like it might be going a little more towards the west. My wife is nervous about it, so I guess we will keep an eye on the Weather Channel until we know for certain.

writer811

We're expecting to catch the very end of it here. We usually get a lot of showers with every hurricane. Nothing major, just the final dying cries of it. I hope we get a lot of showers. We really need them!

Miller

I hate to wish a hurricane on anyone, but I'm so glad it's not scheduled to come through here. This time last year we were dealing with clean up and no electricity.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Nothing here except some rain. Nothing major, Debbie was much worse for us. I did not think we would get much to begin with.

Victor Leigh

I am on the other side of the planet so I will be watching from afar. I hope everyone who is in the path of Hurricane Isaac is well prepared for all eventualities. I pray that all of you will be safe.

BigDaddy

Im on the other side of the country but we may feel a little weather change. Hopfully you guys ride it out ok. Be sure you have your provosions, plenty of ice and a case of beer!

FrankSinatra

I am in FL and honestly, anything less than a Cat 3 doesn't even bother most of us anymore. We didn't get anything but they all thought it was heading right for us; we got some rain and a little wind but nothing too crazy.

Mr. Rogers

I'm on the MS Gulf Coast and regardless of the category we worry. Katrina was really a 2 when it came on shore (tons of research done years later proved that) and look what happened to us with that.

Last edited:

Andersson

Thankfully not us but I do have some friends down in the area, most have either already left or are not in town right now. I can not believe how many random freak weather issues we have had in the past few years.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I am in FL and honestly, anything less than a Cat 3 doesn't even bother most of us anymore. We didn't get anything but they all thought it was heading right for us; we got some rain and a little wind but nothing too crazy.
Got more wind here today then yesterday. It has been pretty cool temperature wise also.

Don

It went well to the west of us, but we are getting some rain from it. It will rain and then stop. Rain some more and stop. It has been going on like that all day.

Lorenzo

I'm not in the path of it, but I'm hoping that New Orleans is spared.
I just read online that Hurricane Isaac is approaching New Orleans :( I also saw Brad Pitt (who I think has a home in New Orleans) being interviewed on TV earlier. I do hope people are well-prepared this time for any unforeseen effects of the hurricane.

footballtim

I noticed that there was not as much destruction of structures from Isaac as from Katrina, however, I have noticed a lot of flooding and power outages. OK, if everything is to even out, New Orleans has to go at least 100 years without even a hint of a hurricane.