Husband and wife lost jobs

Salazar

My wife and I are friends with a couple who both lost their jobs on the same day last week. This is such a lousy time of year to let people go, but the irony of both of them getting fired on the same day amazes me. I sent them a check this morning to try to help them out. I'm not sure if they'll take it, but I figured I had to try.

Endalia

What a horrible thing to have happened. It was not the best week for them, huh? It's one of the worst things to happen to anyone anyway but to have that coincidence happen is one in a million. I hope they get their unemployment started quickly and find jobs quickly.

polamalu43

That is horrible for sure. It would have sucked for one but its worse that they both lost them. I hope they accept the check if they need it.

Timothy

Wow. Salazar - It was really nice of you to send them some money; I hope they accept it, especially if they have children. I can't believe they both lost their jobs on the same day! Were they by chance working for the same company?

Victor

How terrible! This is not a very cheery holiday season for them. I hope they get unemployment lined up quickly to tide them over until they find new jobs.

Salazar

Wow. Salazar - It was really nice of you to send them some money; I hope they accept it, especially if they have children. I can't believe they both lost their jobs on the same day! Were they by chance working for the same company?
Well, I would have wanted to help them anyway, but this particular couple helped me out of a pretty big bind at one time, so I had to try. And they do have three children.

Nope, not with the same company, which makes it even more crazy. She was a teacher and he was in sales. It just boggles my mind how in two hours everything went down the tubes for them.

BigPapa

Wow, that is horrible to have happen at this time of the year. I really hope that they are able to find jobs quickly and I really hope that they accept your help. Everything happens for a reason though so maybe their next jobs will be the reason.

Don

We have some friends that went through that too. Fortunately, it wasn't on the same month, but the husband was laid off and about six months later the wife was laid off. I am not sure if he has ever found more work or not. He worked in new construction and that just isn't happening much here right now.

Mel

That is just stunning. I wonder what reasons were given or if there was any advance notice given to them. It would be hard to lose just one job, but two at the same time is crushing.

Bear

Kudos to you for helping out Salazar. Right now things are tough everywhere, but both of them losing their jobs on the same day had to be quite a blow.

Timothy

Well, I would have wanted to help them anyway, but this particular couple helped me out of a pretty big bind at one time, so I had to try. And they do have three children.

Nope, not with the same company, which makes it even more crazy. She was a teacher and he was in sales. It just boggles my mind how in two hours everything went down the tubes for them.
Wow. You're right; it's even more crazy that they both lost their jobs on the same day when they weren't even working for the same company. Can either or both of them apply for unemployment (or any other type of aid) to get them through at least the next couple of months while they look for new jobs?