I lost my job

Bear

Well, I guess I didn't lose it... I still know where it is, but the position no longer belongs to me. I have known it was coming for about a week, but it was still a shock to the system when it became "official".

June11th

So sorry to hear that Bear, I hope you and your family are doing okay.
I know it's easier said than done, but definitely try your hardest to get back on the horse ASAP.

If you need anything, you know where the forums are, man.

Victor Leigh

Look on the bright side. This is your chance to get into the business of making money online. Just get started before your savings run out. It's much easier than you think. Just give me a shout if you need any help.

CHenne

I'm sorry to hear this too. This economy stinks so you need to jump right into looking for a new job. It could take a bit to land one that you want. Good luck to you!

Jack

A week is not a very long time to prepare. How are you doing with this? What will the impact be for you? I hope you can find a silver lining in this cloud!

Bear

Thanks for all the well wishes guys. The situation stinks and unfortunately the only "savings" we have is the money in my 401k which we will be withdrawing immediately because we were already living on a shoestring. We are putting the word out that I am looking for a job to everyone we know, and looking online so I guess for now we are doing all that we can. Silver lining: For now I get to spend more time with my wife and kids! :)

Victor

That is a shame and it's hard, even when you know it's coming. I hope you find a new and better job quickly so you can get back on track.

Timothy

I'm so sorry to hear that, Bear. Even if you're working a job that you absolutely hate, it's still hard to lose it, or more importantly, the income from it. I hope you're able to find another job soon and that you're able to get by on the 401k money in the meantime.

Bear

Well, so far it looks like I will be able to draw unemployment, and we will be eligible for food stamps if we need them. At least that takes the worry of feeding a growing family off of my plate. Needless to say it has been a long and stressful week, but we have just got to keep moving forward.