I love the Crockpot!

BigPapa

I was not really in the mood to make dinner the other day so I tossed a pot roast, carrots, potatoes, and a package of Lipton onion soup mix with some water in the Crockpot and let it cook for 7 hours. It was delicious and took very little work.

CHenne

We use the slow cooker a lot at my house too. I love the smell of the house when you first get home after the food has been cooking all day. Your dinner sounded wonderful.

Gavin

That is one thing I miss about the ex. She's the "Crock Pot Queen" I'm still surprised at some of stuff she threw in there and and made it work.

Darn it, now I'm hungry. LOL

BigPapa

Gavin, that is one thing about a Crock Pot, you don't need any culinary skills whatsoever. I mean you can throw pretty much any meat, veggies and broth in there and come out with something pretty tasty. That is pretty much how I cooked every day when I was a bachelor.

Don

Our neighbor makes dessert in hers, but we usually just do roasts and sometimes stew. I guess neither one of us like cleaning the crock very much.

Endalia

I really like to cook in ours too. I have discovered a line of books called "Fix It And Forget It". I've got a few of them and I fully intend to buy the rest. The book has recipes for every type of dish including desserts, and is so easy for me to follow. I highly suggest them if you like the crock pot. I'd say we all will be using them more with meat prices going through the roof. It can take a tough piece of meat and cook it to "fall apart" goodness.

Bear

I was not really in the mood to make dinner the other day so I tossed a pot roast, carrots, potatoes, and a package of Lipton onion soup mix with some water in the Crockpot and let it cook for 7 hours. It was delicious and took very little work.
I do the same thing, but usually I throw a can of cream of chicken soup in there along with a little pepper. The cream of chicken soup mixes with the onion soup mix and makes a great gravy.