I thought the holidays were about cheer and kindness?

Freezie

I don't know what has happened but it seems like lately there is all this hate around the winter holidays. Everybody is concerned with being right or buying stuff at the cheapest price that they hurt others. A recent example is the woman who pepper sprayed all those people at Wal-mart so she could get a good deal. When did it become so hard to just show some humility and kindness during the holidays?

Ralphie

So you don't think the season is about the "stuff"? Well, you're WRONG! (JUST KIDDING!!) Who would want a gift someone had to pepper spray others to get??

Blake

So you don't think the season is about the "stuff"? Well, you're WRONG! (JUST KIDDING!!) Who would want a gift someone had to pepper spray others to get??
Haha! I am pretty sure that most people forget that the holidays are not meant to be about "stuff" but should be about family, friends, and spreading joy. Some people get caught up in other stuff.

Luke

Forget the holidays what happened to compassion in general? The holidays often bring out the worst in people, but the attitudes they are showing just on a normal day are horrendous too!

bighelp

Too many people get stuck up during the holidays, all the rush and none of the good stuff. I have fallen to it just the same, this week I am grumpy about shipping that has messed up three times in the past week. I have however learned to let it slide, if the gifts do not get there on time, they just don't.

Len

Compassion and kindness in general has pretty much gone out the window but everybody talks about the holidays like they are supposed to evoke special feelings of compassion. It would be nice if everybody could just remember that everybody is human and deserves respect.