Insight from other dads?

chelly

I am looking for a way to help my ex better understand that even though we are separated, he is still a part of his child's life. I have never dealt with this before but I am trying to be as supportive as possible and its hard for us both but more for me when I feel like he just does not get it.

Zebeddee

Chelly, is he feeling like he won't be able to see his child? Or saying that he doesn't want to? I think a lot of people assume men don't care about their children as much as women. (Not you, just in general.) The reality is that many of us feel adrift when we lose the routine and comfort that comes from having an intact family, and the life that goes with it.

Mack

It all depends on whether he is wanting to, or not wanting to be an ongoing part of the child's life. If he doesn't, he will likely play games to hurt you, and the child will feel those effects.

WillyWonka

I agree with you guys. The issue is different if he doesn't want to see the child. In that case, it's just as well if he doesn't because he will hurt your child worse than if he just severed relations with his child and sent the child support.