Interview Monday

Bear

As many of you know I have been out of work for more than a year and in school to be a chef. Well, I have an interview Monday for a position at the school in the Cafe. It wouldn't be for very many hours or very much money, but at least it would be something.

BigPapa

Hey, a job is a job. I really hope that you are able to get this one. If nothing else it will get you some experience in the industry, right? Good luck on Monday, Bear!

polamalu43

Good luck! I hope you get it. Any money is better than no money! Will you be able to work and handle your studies too? If so I say go for it. Do your best at the interview and let us know how you make out.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
It should provide you with some good experience. Best of luck and I hope you get it.

olderthandirt

Good luck today with the interview! At least it gives you something to put on your resume and experience will help you get the next (better) job later on down the road.

Timothy

Bear, I hope your interview went well today! The job may not offer very many hours or very much pay to begin with, but you never know - it could grow into a more serious position. If not, at least it gives you relevant experience to add to your resume!

Bear

Thanks guys! I got the job! I am not going to start until after the 4th of July (school is closed that week), but at least it is relevant experience and it just might pay enough to make our house payment and that would help a good bit.

Timothy

Glad to hear it, Bear! Will this job be a work/study type position where they are willing to work around your class schedule and such?

Bear

Yes, Timothy it is a Federal work study position and the school is a state school so I am also technically working for the state. You would not believe the amount of paperwork I had to fill out! :eek:

Timothy

Ha ha ha Bear, actually I would! I don't know which state you live in but I work for the one I live in and I came home with several hundred pages to fill out and sign off on. It was absolutely ridiculous!

On The Mark

When you're working around kids, yeah, they're sticklers for getting to know you. I'm sure you can understand why, with all the weirdo's out there.

Congratulations though, I'm glad for you.

Bear

Thanks OntheMark. This has been my first week and I have really enjoyed it even though my schedule is super tight having classes as well. Oh, and it's a college not like a school for kids...I don't know if I could handle that my two drive me batty!

Timothy

Bear, glad to hear you are enjoying the new job. Makes it a lot easier to get up and go every morning when you don't hate what you do everyday!

Bear

You've got that right Timothy! After only a week, they asked me to apply for the lab assistant job (more hours and a slight pay increase) for next semester.

Sinbian

First of all it's a new thing for you, which is excellent, especially since you've been at home for so long - without a job I mean. Best of luck on Monday, I'll keep my fingers crossed.