Is anything cheap anymore?

bighelp

We do not struggle but we are very frugal and we make it, even though we are not "rich". What about others? I am still shell shocked about the price of everything going up, I have yet to find a real deal on anything lately. It really makes me wonder how people less fortunate are going to get by.

Bear

They are going to get really creative or they won't get by. We do struggle to a degree...my kids are not hungry, we have heat, there is a roof over their heads, and I am thankful for that each and every day. However, we have NO savings it takes every dime brought in to pay the bills, and we can't get much more frugal than we are now. If my company lays me off (which could happen) we would be in a very precarious situation very quickly.

Len

They are going to get really creative or they won't get by. We do struggle to a degree...my kids are not hungry, we have heat, there is a roof over their heads, and I am thankful for that each and every day. However, we have NO savings it takes every dime brought in to pay the bills, and we can't get much more frugal than we are now. If my company lays me off (which could happen) we would be in a very precarious situation very quickly.
That describes my current situation very well. It's hard to get by these days and it's not for lack of trying. I have considered getting government assistance at times but I feel that we aren't to that point yet. Another downgrade in pay and I might be there though . . .

Strongarm

Many people take a 2nd job just to make ends meet. I do extra work when I can to make more money. My bills are paid just fine, but I do want to get ahead. As far as saving money on items, you just have to be willing to look for deals online and in the paper.

Ralphie

The price of oil affects the price of everything else. If this country would just bite the bullet and make the switch to bio fuels, we would be way ahead.

2andalone

It's true that nothing is cheap. The price of groceries seems to be increasing all the time. I used to get a lot more for my dollar. It's terrible, the predicament that we are in right now.

Thompson

We have to go get groceries today, and I just dread it everytime we go. My wife is pretty good about finding deals and coupons, but everything is still high!

wilson

I think creative is the way to go, it just takes a little extra thinking. Sometimes people buy quick and never read anything, not what they are eating, not how much they are actually paying for. It takes practice but it can be done.

Gilbo

That makes me wonder what we are going to do when the world runs out of oil? I always wonder what is going to happen to us as a species when that day comes. No more cars, no more tech, just people highly confused.