Is it so bad?

Pascallist

Needless to say that it is important to remember your beloved ones' birthday, but would it be so bad if you forgot your son's birthday? A friend of mine did that and his wife was very upset with him.

Jonathan

Good question. I think it depends on the situation. How many children does your friend have? If the kid was his only son, I think it would be too much to forget his birthday.

bighelp

I am bad with names, phone numbers and birthdays. Anyone that knows me knows this and is okay with it. I am thankful for calender reminders though, it seems to be the only way I can keep up with everyone.

Mikey

I would've been dead and I would've deserved it. Of course we didn't go through countless hours of pain but that's a biggy. Of course my wife reminds me (not that I need it!).

Keepworking

I can understand that a dad with 19 kids may sometimes forget birthdays, but we have only two kids. The wife would kill me if I ever forgot the kids' birthdays.

JakeJ

It strikes me as odd that someone would forget their kid's birthday. My dad could never quite get our ages right when we were growing up, but he never forgot the actual day.

Greendad

I think it is funny that you would forget your kid's birthday. I mean, well, his birthday occurs just once a year. I think it is not hard to remember it, unless you are super busy or super forgetful.

Rob

I have a friend who is one of eight children have her 11th birthday forgotten by her mom, who was a single mom working full time. It was like a Wednesday and her mom was totally overwhelmed. They laugh about it now.

Kenny

I don't think I could ever forget one of my kid's birthdays. The only way maybe this would happen is if you don't live with your kids.

Freezie

In this day and age with so much technology I don't think it should be possible to forget your child's birthday, even if you are bad with dates. You can set a phone or computer alarm.

Kenneth

I think it would be bad to forget your kids birthday. With all the technology and automatic reminders on phones and computers, there is no reason to miss something so important. Even back when I was a kid, birthday's weren't missed because my mother wrote every persons birthday on a hanging calender where everyone could see it.

Anthony

Yeah, I think that is pretty bad. Forgetting anyone else's birthday, other than a spouse, might be understandable but your own kid?? That is rough...I wouldn't have to worry about my wife or kid being mad at me because I would be plenty mad at myself.