Is that any big deal to you?

Sam

If Congress fails to pass a continuation of the payroll tax cuts put into place a year ago middle class people would have to pay another $1500 in taxes next year. Is that any big deal to you?

polamalu43

Of course it's a big deal to me - and it should be to all others too. I don't believe many people are getting raises yet our health insurance premiums keeps rising. This 2% decrease in Social Security taxes kind of helps balance the other increases.

crowl

I have no idea how people think we can actually pay this. Many people right now if they are not out of work are still struggling. I can not count the number of people I know now who coupon only because prices are so high, these people never did before. Others are cutting back on outings to save for the price of gas. Now we get taxes increased? Its going to cripple us.

Mack

Yes, raising my taxes by $1500 IS a BIG deal to me. It would not be a very big deal at all to the top 1 per cent in this country that politicians seem to be hell bent on protecting from any kind of tax increase. It doesn't seem right to me.