Is your tree up yet?

Fatherof2

Do you have your Christmas tree up yet? Ours has actually been up for about 2 weeks. Our oldest (almost 3) is VERY excited about Christmas this year so we went ahead for her.

Phillie

No Way! We won't go get it until the week after Thanksgiving. I love the tree too but keeping it up over a month is just too long. It would be dead before New Years Day!

Freezie

Not yet. We usually put up the tree on December 1st and leave it up for a few days after Jan 1st. There's no reason for it, it's just what we have always done.

Ralphie

My wife's birthday is exactly 2 weeks before Christmas and she likes to have a little party and decorate the tree on her day.

wilson

We are going out this weekend to snag it and bag it. We have done this every year so far, one real that stays in the house that the cats get to attack & a fake one for outside to set all the lights on.

Phillie

Ralphie - that sounds really nice. A great way to celebrate her day the way she chooses to. Wilson - you have a tree that cats get to attack? Have they ever knocked it down before?

chelly

We are heading out on Sunday to get ours, local places who sell large trees for close to nothing is something you can not beat. The place we love to shop each year grows their own and they always have more than needed but since they love selling local grown to local owned they always discount. :)

Strongarm

Our tree always goes up right after Thanksgiving, so I'm thinking I will be laboring tomorrow to get it up. We are going with a fake one. I think I'll make or let my wife decorate it though. She does a better job with making it pretty anyhow.

Mel

We're going to put it off as long as possible. We like to have a nice Christmas supper on Christmas Eve and decorate the tree afterwards.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I'm thinking I may try and get it up tomorrow. Not sure yet though. Maybe monday. See how things go tomorrow.

polamalu43

Our tree will go up probably next weekend. It was a busy weekend for us this week so I'm thinking it will be next week. We go out and cut it down - it takes the wife and kids about an hour to find the one they want!

twinflame

No way! We always go out and cut down our own tree. If we got one this early, it would either be dead or dying by the time Christmas time actually came around. What fun would that be?