It's the thought that counts

Clay

This morning I thought I would surprise my wife and make her breakfast. I decided on French toast, because it seemed simple and is her favorite breakfast food. Wow, I did not realize I could ruin French toast, but my wife actually gagged! Has anyone here ruined food, thinking you would treat your wife to a surprise?

Babar

Oh yes! I've definitely tried cooking for my woman before, only to have it end up burnt or lackluster in the taste department. I rely on store-bought goodies to surprise her now.

Clay

Yes, I think from now on I will just buy her her favorite sweets. Next time I think I will just cook eggs. I can make some pretty tasty eggs!

Andersson

Poached eggs are something I will never attempt again in my lifetime. I am not even sure what I made but it was not what I had headed in planning to make thats for sure.

Michael

My wife loves for me to cook on the grill, so that is what I do when I want to do something nice for her. Either that, or I bring home take-out meals. She avoids cooking at all costs.

Salazar

My wife calls me the King of Breakfast, but I did ruin a batch of pancakes one time. They were terrible! Turns out I used baking powder instead of baking soda (or vice versa, I can't remember) and they had this awful after taste. I'll never make that mistake again.

Andersson

I think if you can even do this one a month its very helpful, or maybe just setup dinner one night. Most ladies get stuck doing this chore day in and day out, its nice to switch it up a little.

Bear

I love to cook so I make dinner and breakfasts a pretty good bit. We cook together a lot on the weekends to make life easier during the week. After the meals are complete, we plate them up, and you can just snag one when you are ready.

Victor

Hahaha, that's funny. I don't cook very often (I have dish duty instead) but fortunately when I do, it turns out ok most of the time.

LeonR

I fix breakfast for my wife and children most mornings. It's one of the things I enjoy doing, and they don't complain. If I wanted to do something special, it would have to be a dinner out at one of her favorite restaurants.