Japan

bighelp

I know many prayers and blessings are going out to those in Japan right now and its very sad to watch. I tried to catch it on the news today but I had left late and could not get a station on the radio so I caught this when I got into the office.

Aiden

My heart goes out to the families that are dealing with this terrible situation. I can't imagine what it would be like. I feel so blessed to never had to experience anything like this and I truly hope I never have to.

RayRay

How terrible! My thoughts and prayers go out to all of those that have been affected by this tsunami. I just found out about this when I got home from work.

PeterPater

It feels like the earth is in turmoil this year. I've seen these runs of tragedies before and it breaks my heart. I intend to make a donation to a charity which is flying emergency provisions out to the families in Sendai. It's not much but I need to offer some help.

Jerry F

I've been upset all day about this. The amount of upheaval that has been happening in the earth's weather, earthquakes, and volcano activity has been very concerning to me. I've been thinking about all of the potential threats we have here in the US in the way of volcanoes, albeit inactive volcanoes. We also have a few major fault lines that could cause a lot of damage if activity is to increase. Very worrying.

Zebeddee

Jerry, do you think there's something more to it than simple bad luck?

I feel really bad about the suffering there and now I just read that half a town are unaccounted for. 10.000 people, surely they can't all be gone? I feel very lucky to be safe and know where my family are.

Mack

As awful as it is, for an earthquake of the magnitude of 8.9, it is quite amazing that it has not been more devastating than it has been.

pokerdad

It's an awful situation there, and now all the trouble and danger that is coming from the damage to their reactors, scary. I didn't realize, but on one of the news reports, they said that earthquakes in Japan are quite common. This one however was unique in intensity and duration.

Millman

I just saw a video that I hadn't seen of the actual tsunami moving in through a neighborhood. It just kept coming faster and faster....unbelievable. Then to see the before and after pictures just knocks the wind out of you.

NewDad

It's so heartbreaking to see something like this happen. I've seen a few videos and it's hard to imagine it being real. I hope not too many people were hurt and that everyone can get back with their families as soon as possible.

McGregor

My heart goes out to affected people in the country. The nuclear power plant explosions in Fukushima just make it worse. Any of your relatives or people you know live in the country?

bighelp

I do not have anyone that I know there but I know a few friends have family that are stationed over seas and last we heard all bases were fine. Its hard to get exact updates from some locations though.