Jealousy

Adam

Everyone told me to watch out for jealousy once the new baby came. That my older daughter might be very jealous of her little brother. Well, it's come as a surprise to me (and others who know us personally) that our daughter has shown no noticeable jealousy towards her new baby brother. I guess we are lucky or the jealousy hasn't kicked in yet! :)

danno

Maybe you have been lucky and maybe you have managed to show your daughter that you still love her as much as you did before her little brother came along. I hope it continues.

Salazar

I think danno is right and the key is showing the older child that they are still loved and a valuable member of the family. You must be doing something right so keep up the good work!

jason

Administrator
Staff member
We did not run into any problems with it either. But we made sure to include her when we could. She was allowed to touch my wife's stomach when the baby was moving. We bought her a baby with a car seat and blanket. The blanket we took home from the hospital early so the dogs could smell it, just like we did for James. She had her very own baby to take care off. We got a few special books, Daddy's Little Girl, and one about being a big sister.

Cruise

Everyone told me to watch out for jealousy once the new baby came. That my older daughter might be very jealous of her little brother. Well, it's come as a surprise to me (and others who know us personally) that our daughter has shown no noticeable jealousy towards her new baby brother. I guess we are lucky or the jealousy hasn't kicked in yet! :)
Yeah you are so lucky because sibling jealousy does happen in many families. I agree with Jason about including the older sibling. It would keep him/her from feeling like (s)he is neglected.