Kids overeating

Lorenzo

It's the holidays and the family is invited from one dinner party to the next. While we can control what our kids eat at home, it's hard to do so when we're at someone else's house. How do you deal with it when something like this happens? Do you let your kids eat all they want (since it's the holidays anyway) or do you tell them beforehand that they should do so in moderation?

Sinbian

Teaching your kids to be moderate is the only way. Nevertheless, they are kids and will disobey from time to time no matter how good they are. Then just deal with it and continue advocating moderation.

polamalu43

I let the kids eat whatever they want. It's the holidays and they don't eat like this often. Usually they know when to stop, if they don't then they get sick. I like to eat whatever I want during the holidays and I lead by example.

Bear

I don't worry about it over the holidays. They are kids after all and there are tables full of treats and food around everywhere. My kids are so excited to play though that we can barely get them to eat at all.

Bearsfan

I try and keep an eye on them, but it's not easy to do at a party, especially when all the kids go off in different directions. When I do see them, I just remind them to take it easy on the snacks.

Andersson

During the holidays we never worried about it either as our kids understood moderation from an early age. They might get a few more sweets during the holidays but nothing major that is going to have them laying down with an upset stomach over what they ate.

Timothy

When I was growing up, I was always the type of kid that was too excited to sit down and eat. My wife, on the other hand, was the exact opposite. As a result, I grew up on the lanky side and she grew up on the hefty side. Since our son has come along, he seems to have settle somewhere in the middle, so food moderation hasn't really been an issue for us, at least not yet. My wife and I both hope he stays that way.