Kids-What Do You Do?

Endalia

So I was helping my wife cook yesterday and I got a huge surprise. My step son ran in the house and tackled me with a bear hug. Believe me, I couldn't have been more surprised. I guess I have been doing something right after all.

Salazar

That's got to be a great feeling! Kids always know who they can count on and who will be there for them, but it takes them longer than adults to show their appreciation. It sounds like you just need to keep on doing what you're doing. :)

Andersson

I helped out as my grandchild's school before the holidays and you would be surprised how many kids in her class came up to hug me and thank me for helping out. Kids are awesome, even when they are not your own!

Endalia

He really seems to be coming around. Believe me, I was more surprised than anyone at the turn around. He was surly and misbehaved constantly, but I prevailed and he is turning into a Daddy's boy-this Daddy, not the real Daddy.

Salazar

Sounds like you are the "real" Daddy, Endalia. This is a good example of why people in these situations need to have patience and perseverance. When you show a child love and stability, they will come around in their own good time.

Mel

I guess that when someone is glad to see you, they are glad to see you! When a child is glad to see you, they are REALLY glad to see you! There's nothing quite like it.