Library Time

Victor

Do you take your kids to the library regularly? We go every Friday for storytime, which my toddler loves. She listens to the stories, runs around, and gets to color or make a craft.

Lorenzo

Yes, I do. My kids absolutely love libraries. They are very fond of books and anything that go with it. It's nice to expose them to library visits and start them reading while young.

Bobby

We go on the weekends together as a family now that they are in school. When they were still at home, we always enrolled them in story time which they really loved to be a part of.

Sinbian

We don't do it as much as I would like to but from time to time we visit the library. I know my kids love when we go. I hope I will be doing more of that this year.

polamalu43

We don't go as often as we used to. The kids are a bit older now. We used to take them all the time when they were younger. I think taking your kids to the library is a wonderful way to bond with them.

Andersson

We did this once a week for our kids when they were smaller, now we can with grand-kids. I still visit every so often when no one is around, its hard to keep quiet in a library with little ones.

Bear

My oldest has been begging to go, but we haven't taken her yet. I am afraid she and her one year old brother will get us kicked out. Seriously, happened to my cousin awhile back!

Victor

That must be a strict library, Bear. My toddler is far from angelic but we are still warmly welcomed by the youth librarian. They have puzzles and toys for them to play with as well as books, so I think they make allowances for young children being somewhat noisier.

Bear

The incident with my cousin was a story hour for toddlers of all things. On what planet do two and three year olds sit quietly, and not move especially when you put them in a group together?

Timothy

. On what planet do two and three year olds sit quietly, and not move especially when you put them in a group together?
LOL!!!

Maybe on planet Ritalin? ;)

Seriously though, we love the public library. I'm not much of a reader but my wife is and we both want our son to be, so we try to go at least twice a month and check out new books.

Lieutenant

We go to the library at least twice a month. The kids love to pick out their own books and my wife likes to read so it helps. I don't read a whole lot of books so for me it is a time to sit down and read e-mail.

Victor Leigh

The incident with my cousin was a story hour for toddlers of all things. On what planet do two and three year olds sit quietly, and not move especially when you put them in a group together?
No idea but definitely not on this one. Kids that age are not supposed to sit quietly. Not for more than 60 seconds any way.

My kids and I never had to chance to read together in a library. Mainly because there weren't any libraries where we used to live.

meowcow

I've already forgotten all about libraries lol. :D We just usually buy all our books and just get stuff digitally and on TV. Unfortunately libraries are a thing of the past in my part of town. I do agree it's a great experience to share with your kids though. Your story made me want to go with the kids myself sigh.

Bear

I've already forgotten all about libraries lol. :D We just usually buy all our books and just get stuff digitally and on TV. Unfortunately libraries are a thing of the past in my part of town. I do agree it's a great experience to share with your kids though. Your story made me want to go with the kids myself sigh.
This is what we are fighting. I want my kids to know how to pick up an actual book with pages that you turn and not just an Ipad. Did you know that they are printing the last paper edition ever of the Encyclopedia Brittanica? I would love to buy a set but they are pretty pricey at around $1300!

Donald

We go to the library once every two weeks. When I was young, I couldn't go to the library because my folks never had time to take me. Now that I'm older and can make my own choices, I make sure I take the kids to whatever specials are going on at the library. They do check out books, tapes, movies and do crafts. The library is great.

Ownageprankers

That must be a strict library, Bear. My toddler is far from angelic but we are still warmly welcomed by the youth librarian. They have puzzles and toys for them to play with as well as books, so I think they make allowances for young children being somewhat noisier. We go on the weekends together as a family now that they are in school. When they were still at home, we always enrolled them in story time which they really loved to be a part of.

makingloot

We don't go as often as we used to. We used to take them all the time when they were younger. I think taking your kids to the library is a wonderful way to bond with them. That must be a strict library, Bear. My toddler is far from angelic but we are still warmly welcomed by the youth librarian. They have puzzles and toys for them to play with as well as books, so I think they make allowances for young children being somewhat noisier.

Regis

We skip story time now because the youngest is a little too old and started pointing out how dumb some of the books are. I like it when the wife takes them to get out books and movies because that's quiet time at home for me.

Enrique

The library near us is sort of a museum, it's prehistoric :D I don't even have the heart to touch the books there because I might break the covers (or the books pages).

My kids are voracious readers. We take them to their favorite bookstore every couple of weeks.

I wish we have huge, fully-functional libraries though, borrowing books is way cheaper compared to buying them.

Geonarlie

I actually haven't been to the library with my kids in quite sometime. Good thing I saw this thread because now we're definitely making a trip over to the old library. My kids love the library.