Loan the car out

Andersson

We have full coverage (and always have) so I am not worried but at the same time I am. We seldom loan our vehicles out but today I did and now I sit and worry. Does this just happen to me or does everyone worry a little when someone who is not them or their spouse, is off driving around in their car? :confused:

On The Mark

I don't worry at all because loaning out my car doesn't happen. I live in kind of a rural area so vehicles are the number one priority with me. I'll help people out in any I can, and they know that, but not my car.

Andersson

In my entire life I might have loaned my "baby" out a handful of times but I can never cut the idea of having to sit and worry down. This even happens if it is someone who has drove longer than me.

BigPapa

We don't loan out our cars either. I would not even think about it. I worry enough that we are going to wreck them. I just remember my mom loaning her van to my aunt for a long road trip and my aunt coming back with it all crashed up because they hit a deer.

Timothy

We don't loan our car out; we only have the one and if anything ever happened to it, the whole family would be screwed out of a way to get anywhere, including work. I hate to sound distrustful but I guess that's exactly what I am at the end of the day.

olderthandirt

I've also never lent my car to anyone. I don't even let my daughter drive it without me in the vehicle with her. Part of the deal with me paying for driver's ed was that she buy her own car. I helped her by matching what she put into it as her birthday present.

Chrisitan

I don't loan mine out either. I live in a very rural area and it's vital for us to have two vehicles. If one is down, it's a horrible inconvenience to me and my family and I hate having to drive everyone to where they need to be. So, no I don't worry, my truck and my wife's car are never loaned out.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I worry more about my wife driving my truck then my friend. He is used to driving larger vehicles though and is about the only person who has driven my truck. He typically only uses it when I'm out of town and he is house sitting and the last time was because his truck broke down when house sitting.