Magazine subscriptions.

Bishop

Do you still have them? I have found that with the plethora of free content on the Internet they have become a thing of the past. If you still subscribe to them, what is your reason for doing so?

Papa Bear

We have stopped subscriptions a long time ago, but sometimes we still buy Reader's Digest or Better Homes and Gardens for additional learning.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I get a few. I used to sell magazines through a website, so I am still able to get them dirt cheap. I cannot always get the magazine I want, but there are plenty to choose from. A few still offer free subscriptions, Maxim is a popular one who gives you a free subscription for a year.

I just put them in my second "office" for leisure reading. Some like the Handyman magazines I keep or cut out articles to save, others I offer to friends or toss out after I'm done.

Keepworking

Yeah, I also stopped subscriptions years ago. We can find anything we would find in the magazines (and much more) on the internet, for free. But I still keep the old magazines.

Sportsfanatic

Magazines are good for offices in waiting rooms I agree. In this day and age all the information that is in those magazines, you can find online. I don't see the point in spending money on something that is free. Maybe if you're taking a trip or something, you could read it in the plane or car. I guess they still have their use for some.

Jackson

I subscribe to a few scientific magazines, that have interesting articles about subjects I wouldn't think to research and a few journals since they publish scientific findings there first. I also used to have a subscription to SciFiction before they went defunct.