Make up and skin care in the budget

MikeWay

We had some unexpected things come up and have had to make some sacrifices. My wife is an angel. She was willing to give up her makeup, hair care and skin regime money this month. She has been making exfoliating and moisturizer out of kitchen items. This week she crushed oats and mixed it with honey, and in another solution with milk. She is using olive oil to moisturizer her skin and hair. She looks great and is saving us money. She is an angel.

Phillie

Wow, you sure know a lot about hair care and make-up products! She sounds like a angel for sure! I wouldn't dare ask my wife to give up any of those items!

stayathomepaul

Maybe your wife could have a chat with my wife. I do not dare tell you what we have in the budget for her personal care items. I don't ask what all that money is even for and sometimes I wonder if we are budgeting too much. Does anyone want to divulge what their wife spends on hair, skin and make up each month? Mine spends about $250 or so per month I figure.

MikeWay

She is!

Wow, you sure know a lot about hair care and make-up products! She sounds like a angel for sure! I wouldn't dare ask my wife to give up any of those items!
It is kind of funny how I know so much about it. After she agreed to use alternative methods something funny happened. The kids were being really noisy and laughing so I went in to the kitchen to see what was going on. My wife turns around and have coffee grinds on her face. I thought she had gone crazy, so she explained what she was doing and told me a little bit about her plans.

Kenny

$250 per month on personal care items?!?! I hope that is for the family and not just for her. My wife was actually saying the other day how she hasn't bought any new make-up in over a year. She rarely wears make-up and I don't know what she does as far as cleaners and moisturizers go, but she looks great and it's not costing me anything so you will get no complaints from me.