makeup for a teen?

crowl

I know my lady loves ELF makeup and I am wondering if this is something I could get since they have a deal going on (free gift, cheap shipping and extra deals too). Is it bad if a guy gets a teen daughter or niece makeup for the holidays as an extra gift, like a stocking stuffer?

strongenough

I don't think there is anything wrong with that at all. If she likes makeup and wears it then she will probably like it. I think makeup is a good stocking stuffer for a teenager.

Jack

I don't think that it's bad but it could be a little dicey to pick out colors for another person. If you know a product and color they like, that would be different.

Ed35

I don't think it's a bad idea. They wear make-up so why not get it for them. My wife buys my daughter make-up. I don't but only because I don't know what to buy.

Paranoid

I think it would be good if you got general colors. For example, don't get foundation because that seems personal and easy to get wrong. Instead, try eye shadow in colors like blue, purple, or gray.

Kost

I bet most teen girls would love this because its a quick way to get free makeup. No offense to the ladies out there getting great deals on makeup but I have been in that aisle before and some of that stuff is pricey!!

Michael

Make-up for 9-year-old

My daughter keeps asking for make-up for Christmas. She's telling everyone that's what Santa is bringing her. She asked for make-up for her birthday and received a little of it. So we're giving in, and Santa's raiding the sale baskets at the drug stores. All she does is paint her face and toes and wipe it off. We've got years of this ahead, don't we?

James

My daughter keeps asking for make-up for Christmas. She's telling everyone that's what Santa is bringing her. She asked for make-up for her birthday and received a little of it. So we're giving in, and Santa's raiding the sale baskets at the drug stores. All she does is paint her face and toes and wipe it off. We've got years of this ahead, don't we?
I think our daughter was about 9 years old when she started asking for make-up. Looking back on it, I don't think it was so much the appearance of wearing make-up that she liked, but imitating her mother, whom she watched apply make-up every morning. We really weren't comfortable with her wearing makeup that young though, so we bought her clear lip gloss and let her wear that for a while. It seemed to appease her, so it felt like a good compromise.