Marinades

bighelp

I am thinking we have gone through some of the normal ones like bbq and teriyaki but what are some others? Maybe something tangy to test out the taste buds.

stayathomepaul

We are trying to eat healthier and cut out some of the red meat. We are now only having red meat once a week. I need some marinades for chicken, turkey and tofu, any help appreciated!

bighelp

I think many are on the healthier kick and I know we are, oddly I just did not realize how good chicken is compared to other things. I have never been much of a big steak eater myself and with a new dental work (which takes serious time getting used to, its harder to eat too).

TopPop

My fiance makes a killer marinade that is basically honey, lime juice, ginger, garlic, and olive oil. She usually puts that on fish, so for those of you that are looking for healthier eating this works great.

stewy

The simplest are the best! My all time best and most loved barbecue marinade/sauce is just ketchup, soy sauce and brown sugar! the kids can't get enough of it.

bighelp

I would almost try that but really I hate ketchup. The only time I ever use is might be twice a year and its never for anything normal like fries its for weird stuff like scrambled eggs and stuff.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Take a trip down your grocery isle, there are plenty. Lawry's makes a good one, Tequila lime. I tend to add extra tequila. ;)

For turkey and chickens you can try a brine. I will no longer cook a turkey without using a brine first.

Steak for me is a rare treat. I go expensive and eat fish. ;) Although it is typically catfish which is fairly cheap. Or fresh caught. Other then that it is pork, chicken and turkey.

For the brine's I just take Alton Brown's recipe for turkey's and change it up depending on how I feel. Extra honey for a sweeter, or maybe tossing in some hot peppers to make it spicy.

bighelp

I was thinking about Lawry but I thought I remembered seeing A1 make some crazy stuff last time I was checking around too and it wasn't just steak stuff. I have not heard of the Brown one though.