Money talk

Don

How often do you and your wife talk about the finances? When money is on her mind, my wife wants to talk about the bills every single day. I don't feel this is positive thinking and believe we should only talk about it every week or every other week.

Andersson

You need to come to a happy medium and harping on any issue daily can drive a sane person mad. Keep in mind what needs to change without pointing fingers or harping, that is the biggest thing people tend to forget.

polamalu43

Lucky for us we aren't having any financial problems. When we were, we talked about what we were going to do once a week. We talked about it after the kids went to bed. We made a plan and stuck to our plan.

Salazar

We don't really talk numbers very often. Even back in the day when money was tight, my wife only gave me a balance update once a month or so. There was no reason to talk about it more often back then because it was depressing and there's no reason to talk about it now because everything is fine.

It sounds like your wife is just trying to voice her concerns, but Andersson is right and you need to find some middle ground. Have you tried letting her know that hearing about the finances everyday is stressing you out?

Timothy

Don - I think your wife would nag you less about money if you guys worked out a definite plan about how to handle your financial problems. My wife is EXACTLY the same way, harping on a single issue day after day, but once we talk about how we're going to fix it and we have a plan in place, she stops nagging me.

Bearsfan

Don - I think your wife would nag you less about money if you guys worked out a definite plan about how to handle your financial problems.
I think this is exactly on target. She might keep bringing this up because she's worried about it and doesn't think you're really taking it seriously.