My first date

Independent

I took your guys advice and went out on a date. Of course it was a blind date because I do not have a lot of time to get out. She was a nice and attractive lady but not my type at all. She told me she wanted to be married in the next 5 months. Lol, that pretty much scared me away. Who says that on a first date?

stayathomepaul

Hey! Congratulations on getting back out there on the saddle. I hope you won't give up after one date. Still, I am not surprised you were scared away. I think that I would have been as well.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, married in 5 months. Yeah, that is a little strong, but at least you know now.

SamMo

It's the only way to meet new people though and I met my second wife at a meeting for single parents. We actually did get engaged within a few months but had to wait for her divorce until we could marry. That was 25 years ago and we're still together.

Salazar

Jeez, that's a pretty pushy comment to make on a first date. Good for you for getting out there though. Try to stay positive - you'll have to sift through a lot of pebbles before you strike gold :)

Independent

I am glad that she was honest. It is better for her to tell me that right up front instead of waiting until I was already attached.

WillyWonka

Avoid her like the plague! I agree that she's a little on the desperate side saying something like that. But you took the first step and that's great! Good luck.

the saint

If she wants to get married in the next 5 months she'd be working overtime to find the right man within that period. Maybe that statement is her way of testing the guys she meets. I mean the right guy would interpret that statement differently.