Nap is great for health

ghanashyam

Napping is always looked upon with contempt and a sign of laziness but the medico researches have stated that napping improves concentration, relaxes strained muscles and the time to subconscious mind to solve the difficult problem. The nap cannot however be more than 30 minutes.Some companies have made some rooms in the offices especially in call centers to allow the employees to take the naps.

FrankSinatra

I love naps and they make me way more productive. I love waking up early and getting my to-do list done and over with then taking a little nap. If I oversleep then I feel groggy and lazy but if I limit myself to less than an hour I feel great and then have a whole other half of the day to myself and my whiskey.

polamalu43

I wish my company would put in a "nap room". I would go in and rest my eyes after lunch. I do feel better after I rest my eyes. Of course I don't see my company doing this.

stephen

I'd love to have time to take naps. I try to have one on the weekends but there's usually too much to do. Once in a while I can talk my wife into covering for me while I hide and sleep.

Bearsfan

I'm not very good at taking naps. Whenever I take a nap, I have the hardest time going to sleep at night and that just messes me up the next day. So I usually try to just make it through to the end of the day.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not very good at taking naps. Whenever I take a nap, I have the hardest time going to sleep at night and that just messes me up the next day. So I usually try to just make it through to the end of the day.
That is my problem too. The wife is great at sleeping during the day and being able to fall right asleep. I take a 15 minute nap and I fall asleep several hours later then normal. Drives me nuts.

Victor

Naps can be refreshing, but sometimes I just fall asleep so hard and even when the nap is short, I wake up really groggy. In those cases I probably would've been better off exercising to perk up my energy level.

R. Paradon

Napping is always looked upon with contempt and a sign of laziness...
According to whom? YOU?

When a person is tired it is natural to want to take a nap and if a company is proactive in its views it should provide an area to rest. Most companies in the USA provide a 15 minute break in the morning, 1/2 to 1 hour lunch break and another 15 minute rest period in the afternoon.

Jatelo2

Does this mean that I'm having medical problems? I can't have a nap however much I try yet you are suggesting that it has great medical benefits! Any advise from members on what I must do to have a nap?

youngone

Naps can be beneficial because you can catch up on any sleep-debt you may have incurred and your energy will be revitalized. However, sometimes I feel like crap upon waking from a nap and it can disrupt my sleep at night.

R. Paradon

Does this mean that I'm having medical problems? I can't have a nap however much I try yet you are suggesting that it has great medical benefits! Any advise from members on what I must do to have a nap?
Of course you are not having a medical problem, Jatelo. If you not able to take a nap it only means that you are not tired! It does NOT have great medical benefits. The only time you need to be concerned is if you can not sleep at night.

Lorenzo

I always take my naps a couple of hours after lunch. My body is used to it and it makes me refreshed and ready to start whatever I need to work on again. I think everyone should make napping a habit as well. It doesn't take a lot of time, too.