Nerdcore!

GC856723

Yeah, that's right. Nerdcore. Nerd rap. Hip hop with nerdy references and the like. I cannot possibly be the only one here that likes it, right? I've even remixed one of my favorite artist's songs.

So, I'm just wondering if anyone else here is a fan.

FrankSinatra

Some of it is okay but I wouldn't call it my favorite. I prefer gangster rap any day of the week...give me some Biggie, Dre, Snoop from the 90s and I am living the good life.

GC856723

Some of it is okay but I wouldn't call it my favorite. I prefer gangster rap any day of the week...give me some Biggie, Dre, Snoop from the 90s and I am living the good life.
Having grown up in the 90's, I can safely respect your opinion. Not a huge fan of it, but it does have it's place. There is some amazing talent in the nerdcore community, though. A lot of it fan-generated, which is nice. :)

Any nerd with a microphone and a computer I guess lol

GC856723

I actually have never heard of it. I may have to look it up though.
nerdcorenow.com is a great starting point and a huge resource for all things nerdcore. Not to sound like an advert, but it's one of the places I go for new stuff. A lot of it is free to download, and some for good reason. But if you dig deep enough, you'll find some gems. StarF is one of my favorites, but that's mostly because I've watched him grow over the years in terms of talent. Soup or Villains is a great duo, imho. There's nearly something for everyone.

tommymac

I'm wary of any sort of marketing that is openly designed to appeal to a certain core audience. "Music and Culture for Nerds"? Seems like a lame attempt to capitalize on the "nerds are cool" fad that is currently going through its death throws. How about you just put some music out there, and, if I like it, I'll buy it?