Netflix Adds A New Restriction: Limits Customers To One Stream At A Time

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Netflix has inflicted a recent number of price increases on its customers and now Netflix is inflicting it’s customers with a new restriction. A customer can only have one streaming video feed per account. This change is going to have a serious impact on families that share a Netflix account.

The one streaming video feed per account restriction means that if you want to watch more than one instant video stream at once you’ll have to sign up for a second Unlimited Streaming account at $7.99 per month or increase the number of DVD’s you receive. According to Consumerist the cost of getting the ability to use more than one stream works out like this:

* two streams will cost $19.98/month or two DVD’s at a time
* three streams or three DVDs $23.98/month
* four streams or four DVDs $29.98/month

more Netflix Adds A New Restriction: Limits Customers To One Stream At A Time | Cult of Mac

Thompson

Netflix is getting ridiculously greedy. We don't usually watch more than one thing at a time, but I am still irritated about the price increase this month.

Kenny

Netflix is going to work themselves right out of the business they created. Someone is getting too greedy, and there are other companies waiting to pick up all the customers who are jumping ship.

Glenn

We don't use Netflix, but we were thinking about signing up. Now I'm not so sure. It seems like they had a really good thing going - I wonder why they're getting so greedy.

benben

Now I am peeved. A ton of people I know canceled Netflix when they raised prices. I justified keeping it because the kids could Stream at the same time I could. This will really mess us up. I am going to cancel and find someone else to go with.

Ed35

I agree Ben - I know a lot of people that dropped them all together when they raised their prices. I stuck it out and now they are giving it to us again with this change. I'm pretty sure we will be dropping them before our next billing cycle.

Anthony

I kept the streaming, but we dropped the dvd's by mail option. If they raise prices again or don't start getting some better movies soon I am going to drop them completely.

badge67

We have Netflix and my biggest gripe is the movies available for instant viewing. Every time we log in I go right to the new releases section and it seems like every movie is either some Indy film I've never heard of, or an old blockbuster circa 1990. They seem to have very few movies available for instant viewing that are recent (like 2010-2011) and certainly not many blockbusters in that group. If it wasn't for the fact that we just started watching The Tudors and Dexter, I would cancel.

Bear

They certainly seem to have a large supply of B (at best) movies. If they don't get better streaming content soon I am going to turn it off.