no extra schooling

bighelp

I have heard of many people trying to go back to school, even when they are older with kids in the house and working a full time job. Is anyone here doing it, where are you getting your support from?

Christian

Well, we are poor so my wife and I both qualify for Pell grants, and we are lucky enough to live in Georgia where they have the Hope Scholarship. Without those two things we wouldn't be able to go at all.

Anthony

We also got Pell grants to help pay for college. Working full-time I just take a couple of classes at a time so I still have time to see my kids.

Jack

I'm eligible for the GI Bill and will be starting school in the middle of January. Many of the courses I need to take can be done via the internet, so that will really help in managing my time.

Andersson

I think some areas are harder to deal with than others, nursing is pretty common but when you get into say a computer class, those things change over the years so its hard to stay on one course. Tons of things get so outdated too quick so I am guessing its hard to figure out if you go into a course and still end up getting out in time to snag a job that works with those particular skills.

TakeYourTime

I would like to go back to school and study CAD or something building/computer related, but the bills are always bigger than the income. Going back to school is a dream that may stay a dream for me. I have no VA or other programs to draw from.

Sam

I think education is one of the best possible investments a person can make. There is financial aid out there. I think more people qualify for it than most people would realize.