No more soda

Blake

That's it! No more soda for me. I drink too much of it and I'm convinced that it's going to rot my teeth eventually. Now I need to find something else to replace soda with. I guess I'll be drinking a lot more water.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I drink a lot of juice. We stock up on it when it is on sale and we have coupons for it. My daughter drinks some, but I drink most of it. I try very hard not to drink soda anymore. The problem is though it is cheap, and makes for a tougher budget not buying it.

Regis

I drink a ton of water but I also like the Nestea iced tea, mix because it's cheaper than cans. I've heard it counts towards your dailty recommended water intake too.

Howard

Good for you for committing to quitting the soda habit. Even though I always drank diet soda, I knew it wasn't good for me. I've been soda free for a year now, and I definitely feel better for it.

TJoel

That's it! No more soda for me. I drink too much of it and I'm convinced that it's going to rot my teeth eventually. Now I need to find something else to replace soda with. I guess I'll be drinking a lot more water.
That is good for you. I have also stopped drinking soda and I am very proud of it. Water or juice like suggested above is a healthier alternative to it.

bighelp

Be careful with juice, not all juice on the market is good juice to start with. Some are even known to be sweeter than the soda. We have cut down our soda intake quite a bit but its not completely cut out, its just very low.

Milt

Have you heard of this new Soda Stream product where you can make your own soda drinks at home and you can control what ingredients go into it.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Be careful with juice, not all juice on the market is good juice to start with. Some are even known to be sweeter than the soda. We have cut down our soda intake quite a bit but its not completely cut out, its just very low.
We water down the juice. The wife also reads the labels. I forget the one, but it she will not buy it due to the amount of sugar in it.

RubberSoul

The fact that some people claim they use Coke to clean their toilet is something to think about. It is good that you want to drink more water instead. We've been cutting back a lot on all the sweeten drinks even though we enjoy them. We definitely stop buying drinks that have high fructose corn syrup at or near the top of the list of ingredients.

With soccer and basketball for my kids, drinking Capri Sun and other "pouch" drinks is almost unavoidable. At least it is just once a week (games on the same day.)

chelly

Once you cut down on the soda intake other things will taste much more sweet to you. This morning I was drinking a glass of OJ and I could not believe how sweet, but good it was. It did not feel like it was going to rot my teeth but I still brushed after (acid is bad for teeth too).

wilson

Most would be surprised how well they feel once they get used to not needing that extra caffeine. I seldom drink coffee anymore or soda, maybe for a holiday and I will have one but thats it. Otherwise its all nature for me.