Nosy ex

Salazar

I don't have a Facebook account, but my wife does. She has everything set to private so you have to be on her friend list to see anything. Recently, my ex has started creating fake account profiles and is trying to get my wife to accept a friend request from these "people." Even though I can't prove it, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt it's my ex doing this. I just can't get over how insanely nosy this woman is!

2andalone

Facebook hardly seems worth the drama sometimes. I have one to keep in touch with some family members and to share pictures with family, but I do witness the occasional dramatic Facebook argument. No fake accounts that I know of though. It sounds like she's jealous.

bighelp

Your wife should be able to report the ex as a fake persona on the social site, it has worked for me in the past too. I have an ex like that who is actually trying to friend me. It seems to happen ever few years and the bugger just will not go away.

badge67

My Ex was doing the same thing. I finally changed my facebook options so that you have to be a friend of one of my friends to even do a search for me. Since my Ex and I have no friends in common, it has worked. The way I see it....the people who I want to be in touch with are mutual friends and family of people I am already friends with. I don't need people from my past looking me up....the important people in my life are already in it and have been for a long time.

ChristopherT

Doing it so friends of friends can see your stuff is even more risky, especially if you have friends that will accept requests from anyone. I had to block my info from everyone but my own friends seeing it and I blocked my ex's name so she can't find me. I'm not worried about a fake account too much, if she's that desperate she's going to find stuff out.