Oh no no cable!

Ed35

We had no cable or internet today from 8:45am to 7:15pm. The kids were in shock! :eek: I just laughed! We played 4 different board games and played outside too. It was a great day. We just finished dinner and the kids are watching TV now. I don't mind no cable days!

LeonR

We went for 10 days earlier this year with no telephone, two weeks with no Internet or television and more than a week without electricity. We were not happy campers, but lots of other people around were having worse problems. We survived.

Babar

Did the power go out or something? Or was it just your provider having problems? I think all of us are more dependent on the Internet than we realize.

Andersson

I think my family would flip out of we had that issue, heck sometimes I can not even pry them away from the darn thing. I am totally okay with taken a break and getting back to the great outdoors.

ryan

We really count on the internet for a lot of things. The absence of cable, on the other hand, might be a blessing in disguise. I remember the last time our cable went out. We really didn't miss it although it was only for one evening.

Michael

I have so many things to do with all my work and hobbies that I could go a year without really missing the television or Internet. I do need to get the weather report. Other than that, I could do without it all.

Ed35

10 full days? Are you kidding. Now that I would have been a bit miffed about. You had a great attitude though.
I don't know why we lost it, we had power just no cable.

ryan

I have to use the internet for work when I'm at home. We also use it for banking, paying bills, and shopping. We stay so busy, and it really helps to be able to log in and be done in a few minutes. I think it's just a fact of modern society that the internet is like any other utility.

kreso93

Lol, kids today freak out when they have no Internet. I hate it, why don't they spend their time outside instead of wasting their childhood in front of a computer :/

Clay

The longest my family has been without electricity, hot water, television, phones or anything was when a huge storm hit and totalled everything. We were lucky not to have our house hit by the tornadoes, we only had to find new ways to amuse ourselves. We read, played boardgames, made a solar oven, and spent a lot of time outside.

kreso93

The longest my family has been without electricity, hot water, television, phones or anything was when a huge storm hit and totalled everything. We were lucky not to have our house hit by the tornadoes, we only had to find new ways to amuse ourselves. We read, played boardgames, made a solar oven, and spent a lot of time outside.
In time like that you really see that we don't need all this fancy gadgets we got used to and that the "old school" entertainment is the best kind of it.

Lieutenant

Yes, kids depend on technology way to much. I remember back in the day when you had to actually go outside and play with your friends rather than getting on a game system to chat and play call of duty.

Godric

Never experienced that before. I'll probably think of a way to suddenly cut our TV and internet for 1 day one of this days.

meowcow

I don't mind no cable days as well. :) It's like a forced break from technology. And I would imagine it's a little funny children panic over something so small. :p When there's no power I like to play with board games as well and go outside, when there's no internet and I'm at home, I'll just read a book.

Victor Leigh

Lol, kids today freak out when they have no Internet. I hate it, why don't they spend their time outside instead of wasting their childhood in front of a computer :/
For the children, what you have just said may be applicable. For an old man like me, it would be more like 'why waste all that time outside when I can spend my time more profitably in front of my computer?'