Old phones come in handy

benben

My kids have been asking me for electronics. I don't really have it in the budget. Then I realized I had two old phones that I had downloaded some games and music to. They also take pics, have a calculator, stop watch and calendar. I get them the old phones and they have been having a blast (they have no service, so they can't call or text).

Christian

That's a pretty smart idea! We gave our two year old one of our old phones (no battery), and she walks around "talking" on the phone all the time. Pretty funny!

jason

Administrator
Staff member
We have given ours to our daughter. Cheaper then buying a pretend phone. None of them turn out though, as we long lost the chargers.

benben

Yeah, we have about a billion old chargers. I don't know how but I always end up with a ton of them, so I keep them all in a box. I am surprised that the two phones my kids are using have good batteries!

ChristopherT

I found out the danger with doing that. My son when he was two got ahold of my phone thinking it was no different than the old one I gave him. Was missing it for three hours before finding it under his bed.