On lying and infidelity

Bear

I have never heard that the marital residence belongs to the mother. Usually it goes to whomever stakes a claim on it first, and or whomever has primary custody of the children.

micromachne

I have never heard that the marital residence belongs to the mother. Usually it goes to whomever stakes a claim on it first, and or whomever has primary custody of the children.

I used to think it went to whoever was proven to be more the dominant caretaker in the child's life.

writer811

I find this very disappointing more so if you trust your partner so much. The best option though is to talk and not rush for divorce.
I can't pretend I know what it's like to feel the pain of monogamous infidelity because I don't believe in it but I do understand the concept of having your partner lie to you and it hurts. If they don't care about your feelings, then it's probably not going to work out. But, if they are genuinely sorry for what they did (Remember that many factors, including our biology, lead us to multiple partners) is it so hard to forgive them? When my uncle cheated on my aunt, she forgave him and they're still together. That was ten years ago.

Jatelo2

I can't pretend I know what it's like to feel the pain of monogamous infidelity because I don't believe in it but I do understand the concept of having your partner lie to you and it hurts. If they don't care about your feelings, then it's probably not going to work out. But, if they are genuinely sorry for what they did (Remember that many factors, including our biology, lead us to multiple partners) is it so hard to forgive them? When my uncle cheated on my aunt, she forgave him and they're still together. That was ten years ago.
Yes I agree with you that forgiveness is Paramount here as long as the lady is repentant and for that matter really repentant! I also believe that if it was the woman she would tend to forgive quickly whereas men might want to hold on to it for future reference. At time we use such incidences as a scapegoat out of the relationship.