Online job applications

Michael

Why is it so difficult to apply for a job online? I've been looking into going to work for the state, and it takes a danged degree in technology just to work through the application process.

Victor

I suppose they are trying to weed out people. A complicated application process can determine whether people can follow directions, for instance. Good luck with the job hunt!

Mel

Since we live in the digital age, many employers want employees who are digitally adept. The web-based job application is the first indicator to an employer as to how computer literate applicants are or are not.

Don

Have you encountered an application that wants you to use "Linked In" yet? I had a client want me to apply for a job that way a couple of weeks ago. I have a profile, but I don't use Linked In enough to use it as my resume.

BigPapa

I don't use my Linked In account either Don. Michael, it really is to weed people out. Following directions and being able to complete projects on your own are a big part of getting a job. They are trying to see if you can do it.

Andersson

I would guess that each company has their own standards and want to make sure the people who are applying are going to be handle to handle the work load. It always takes me a while to learn a new website but I am old and just blame it on that.