Ordering gifts online

Freezie

At what point do you think it's too late to order gifts online? I'm worried that the things I've ordered won't make it here on time. Do you think that it's already too late with regular shipping?

bighelp

Some places are noting that you can order up until the 18th for a 24th delivery date. I have no idea if their idea of shipping is expedited or not though. You might want to ask and find out before ordering.

Len

If you order through Amazon you can still get 3 to 5 weekday shipping so you can make it, I think. I would not risk ordering past the 15th though. If you do, get it expedited or something!

Rob

I have done some ordering online late in the game in past years. All of the deliveries made it on time. In my experience the advertised delivery time frames were correct.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Usually most places are 5-7 days out in shipping terms. You then have to add on the time for the company to package and put the order out for shipping.

polamalu43

I wouldn't order online with regular shipping this late. The Post Office is super busy and I bet it won't make it on time. If you shipped with UPS or Fed-Ex I would pay the extra and get it quicker.

Andersson

Remember that sometimes UPS will pass things over to the USPS too, I had that happen last week and I am still waiting for an item. I really think its the vendors fault though since they first gave me a tracking number that is not even for my city.

PatrickK

I just ordered something on Saturday night with regular shipping and it got here about an hour ago. Amazon is really good with their shipping. I am still waiting on things I ordered from other stores last week!