Outdoor Activities With the Kids

Papa Bear

I remember when I was a kid that my dad taught me how to ride a bike and we also flew kites back then. I also did that with my kids. What outdoor activities do you have with your kids now?

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I take my daughter for bike rides, hikes, geocaching and other similar activities. When she gets older I would like to take her kayaking/canoeing.

I think my son should be old enough to take in the backpack this fall. Too hot out now for him.

Zimmer

I taught my kids how to ride a bike, swim, throw a football, baseball even taught them how to box when they got older. In all honesty I think it's a great feeling when you can impart some of your knowledge to your kids, the other fun thing is when you show them something new and they look at you like you just invented fire.

Last edited:

Bishop

We go swimming, kayaking, hiking, camping, skiing/snowboarding. There are probably a few more that I can't remmeber of the top of my head, point is we do a lot of things outdoors, have been since the day they could walk.

Jdrake

We like to take hikes and play baseball or tennis. We also do fishing and play frisbee, so there are quite a few activities that we do.

Jackson

I have been taking my kids hiking since before they could walk, they absolutely love it outside something I'm very proud of. As for other activities, there are probably a dozen at which they are better than me.

AlexT

Every weekend we go out for breakfast and then either go shopping, go to the library or sometimes have a picnic at the beach. The kids just love going out.

jimscharger

We have a pool, so in the summer the kids are outside. We also have a long driveway and they love their scooters. We have a fire pit for roasting marshmallows and hot dogs, and a big hill in the back yard that is perfect for sledding in the winter.

Whoowap

My children love hiking too. It's probably their favorite outdoor activity. My eldest son learned to ride his bike from the very first day we gave it to him. My little one, who is six, told us she doesn't like bicycles and that we shouldn't get her one. She is more into aerobics and jogging.