Picky eaters?

MatthewR

Sure my son is very picky! I hope he outgrows it soon because it's making mealtime crazy! One day he likes something and one day he does not. He loves vegetables which I find odd but I am glad!

Papa Bear

Train them to eat whatever is on the table or they don't eat anything at all. You have to be firm and consistent. Otherwise live with it!

PappaQ

My kids are picky about certain things but when the table is set and food is ready, they know they have one option: they can go hungry or they can eat.

newb2diaps

Not yet but I am sure I will at some point since I was the exact same way as a child. I still get told stories about how I refused to eat mix/matched foods (like say string beans and potatoes) in the same bite, as for some reason as a child I thought my stomach had different compartments for different foods. :eek:

Verny

I do what Papa Bear has done. I'm not that firm but I tell my kids that they will get hungry if they don't eat the food that was serve on the table. I can understand kids about being picky because of the taste of the food but we have to guide them on the right and healthy foods.

PappaQ

My wife read that kids have to try a food ten times before they are willing to eat the food. We always make the kids take one small serving to show gratitude for the food and then they're off the hook.

Daffy

Well, my youngest is 2. My oldest has a 18 year old and he (the 18 year old) is living with us too. The 2 year old eats what we eat. The 18 year old either eats what we have or he can make his own. I don't care as long as my wife doesn't have to fix double meals for him. Unfortunately, my daughter in law is the cause of the 18 year old not wanting to eat much. She is super picky and will horde food and not let anyone eat it except for her. Needless to say she has created two children who are the pickiest teenagers I have ever seen.

AdoptedDad

My son was a picky eater when he was a little guy. Now he will eat almost anything that doesn't eat him first. My daughter is still in the picky eater stage and hopefully she will get past it in a few years.